Monday, July 28, 2008

Scott's 4 yr check-up


Scott continues to be square.... He has always (well, for a while anyway) measured the same in width and height. He is 42.5 inches tall and 42 lbs which puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and height. Poor little man had to get 4 shots and a finger stick today but he was so very brave and I was so proud of him!

Since I was writing this, I thought I would write a few of the things Scott has said lately.

  • He says "mine" instead of "my." ex: "Are we going to mine house?"

  • At dinner he asked Poppi (who is a little bald on top) "Poppi, why are your brains coming out of your head?" and the followed up by asking Poppi about the freckles on his head in this way: "Poppi, why do you have ant bites on your brains?" Poppi was such a good sport about it and laughed along with the rest of us! :)

  • He loves, loves cement trucks and dump trucks and wants to drive a dump truck when he grows up.

  • He loves to cut grass and is determined that Mr. Charles (who cuts our yard) is his father because Scott (in his words) "is a grass-cutter and so is Mr. Charles. That's why." (Mr. Charles lets Scott ride on his tractor while cutting our yard and so Scott LOVES him!)
  • He follows up just about everything with "that's why".... even if it needs no explanation.
  • He is obsessed with washing machines. He gets so excited when we wash clothes!!! Seriously.

  • He calls Brooke "Bwookie" and it's so cute! He is certainly picking up a country accent. He calls Baywood "Baywowood" and down is "dayuwn." His favorite color is blue and he pronounces yellow as "lellow." He's a mommy's boy and all rough and tumble. The faster, the better! He's a dare-devil and he melts my heart. :)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Brooke and Scott are so cute. That is hilarious that he gets excited when you wash clothes. I hope Raylin has that love for clothes washing AND ironing, mopping, sweeping, etc. :)

Jen said...

I cannot believe how big Brooke and Scott are! I'm still laughing about Scott asking your dad about his "brains coming out of his head." That is too cute! Kids are hilarious! I'm so happy that I'll be able to keep up with you all this way!

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

Poor Poppi! That is HILARIOUS! Scott is so cute with that white hair, and Brookie is too cute with her shades on. Lainie has been talking about Brooke and Scott since she got home. I think she misses everyone.....well, maybe not Tyler! HA! :)

Jen said...

Yes, we still have our chihuahua. He is such a great dog and wonderful with Caleb and Michael. Copper loves to be curled up in a soft spot or on your lap. He's really not too hyper. He has his moments, but it's usually when we are at my parents house and my dad gets him riled up! We got him fixed very early. Make sure you take Brooke and Scott with you to pick one out to see how the dog interacts. You also want one that when you flip him/her over on their back, they don't make eye contact with you, they sort of relax. It's a way of showing submission. I hope that helps some. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Jen said...

We actually thought Copper was a full size chihuahua, but he ended up being tea-cup. We got him fixed as soon as he turned 6 months old. I have also found that male chihuahua's tend to be more relaxed. I've run across several female chihuahua's that have been aggressive. I love chihuahua's. For such a little dog, Copper has such a big personality. He keeps me laughing!